At Northfield we offer a hot lunch that is provided for us by Iffley Academy. This is eaten in the breakfast room between 13:10 and 13:30. During this time, students who have ordered a school lunch sit together with the staff and eat the food provided on that day. Students who bring their own packed lunches eat in their classrooms with their form tutors.
During meal times, pupils are encouraged to develop their table manners and etiquette.
Our menus fully comply with food standards on nutrition and portion size. They contain at least one portion of fruit and vegetables per meal and every meal is served with vegetables or salad.
The cost of a two-course meal at Northfield is £3.00 per day, which can be paid for by cash or cheque.
Free school meals are available to pupils whose parents/carers are claiming:
- Income support or
- Income based job seekers allowance or
- Income-related employment and support allowance or
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999 or
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit or
- Child Tax Credit but who are not entitled to working tax credit and whose annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) does not exceed £16,190 or
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit or
- Universal Credit